- 2/3 of stalkers pursue their victims at least once per week, many daily, using more than one method.
- 78% of stalkers use more than one means of approach.
- Weapons are used to harm or threaten victims in 1 of 5 cases.
- Almost 1/3 of stalkers have stalked before.
- Intimate partner stalkers frequently approach their targets, and their behaviors escalate quickly.
[Mohandie et al.”The RECON Typology of Stalking: Reliability and Validity Based upon a Large Sample of North American Stalkers,” (In Press, Journal of Forensic Sciences 2006.]