- 76% of intimate partner femicide (murder) victims had been stalked by their intimate partner.
- 67% had been physically abused by their intimate partner.
- 89% of femicide victims who had been physically abused had also been stalked in the twelve months before their murder.
- 79% of abused femicide victims reported stalking during the same period that they reported abuse.
- 54% of femicide victims reported stalking to police before they were killed by their stalkers.
* The murder of a woman.
[Mcfarlane et al. (1999). “Stalking and Intimate Partner Femicide,” Homicide Studies].