By: Beth Ballo Prevention Specialist Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Wisconsin Child Sexual Assault Laws
- First Degree Sexual Assault
- A. Sexual contact or intercourse with a person not yet 13, and causes great bodily harm.
- B. Has sexual intercourse with a person who has not yet attained the age of 12.
- C. Has sexual intercourse with a person less than 16 by use or threat of force or violence.
( Class A Felony Mandatory Arrest Minimum=25 yrs)
- Second degree Sexual Assault:
- Anyone who has sexual contact with or intercourse with a person who has not reached age 16.
- Sexual intercourse with a child 16 or older.
- Engaging in repeat acts of sexual assault with the same child.
- Incest with a child.
- Sexual Assault of a child by a school staff person or a person who volunteers or works with children.
- Child Enticement
- Causing a child to listen to or view sexual activity.
- Sexual Assault of a child for prosititution.
- Sexual Assault of a child placed in substitute care.
- Exposing genitals or pubic area.
- Female genital mutilation.
Examples of Child Sexual Assault
- Obscene phone calls
- Internet Solicitation
- Exposure to pornography
- Exposure to Sexual Acts
- Photographing a child in sexual poses
- Touching a child’s genitals; making a child touch someone else’s genitals. (inside and outside of clothing)