- BELIEVE THE CHILD!!!
- Respond calmly and in a “matter of fact” style
- DO NOT ask leading questions (Leave that to a child forensic interviewer)
- Ask simply: Who What When Where?
- Tell the child you will get them help
- Call Child Protective Services, Indian Child Welfare and or Law Enforcement.
A Sane nurse is not always especially equipped to do a sexual assault exam on a child. REMEMBER THE ASSAULT WILL CONTINUE IF YOUR CHILD SEXUAL ASSAULT VICTIM IS FORENSICALLY NOT HANDLED BY QUALIFIED SPECIALIST.